miami-imc : process : about
The Miami Independent Media Center is a non-commercial, democratic
collective of bay area independent media makers and media outlets, and
serves as the local organizing unit of the global Indymedia network.
Principles of Unity: Miami Independent Media Center
- We strive to provide an information infrastructure for people and
opinions who do not have access to the airwaves, tools and resources of
corporate media. This includes audio, video, photography, internet
distribution and any other communication medium.
- We support local, regional and global struggles against exploitation
- We function as a non-commercial, non-corporate,
Miami Independent Media Center involves volunteer participants and allied
collectives organized along anti-authoritarian principles of open and
transparent decision-making processes, including open public meetings; a
form of modified consensus; and the elimination of hierarchies.
Miami Independent Media Center participants shall not act in a manner that
endangers, intimidates, or physically harms any member of the group,
including by sexual harassment or acts of violence. Indymedia members
shall strive to act in a respectful manner to other members of the
collective as well as the public.
- To encourage a world where globalization is not about homogeneity
and exploitation, but rather, about diversity and cooperation.
- To cover local events that are ignored or poorly covered by corporate
- To provide edited audio, video, and print stories of the above on the
internet for independent media outlets and the general public.
- To facilitate the networking and coordination for the coverage of
local events as well as gather information about events to cover.
- To provide links to alternative media, activist, and research
- To seek out and provide coverage underscoring the global nature of
people's struggles for social, economic, and environmental justice
directly from their perspective.
- To offer community classes for training in internet and media
- To encourage, facilitate, and support the creation of independent news
gathering and organizations.
This is your independent media center. As an all-volunteer
organization, we need you to get involved! Introduce
yourself at our volunteer signup
page and check our contact page for
info on meetings and e-mail lists.
Last updated Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:50:51 -0500
miami-imc : process : about (top)
© 2003-2009 Miami Independent Media Center. Unless otherwise stated by
the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and
rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the
contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by the Miami Independent Media Center.
Running sf-active v0.9.2